Judge Michael R. Mosca
Court Administrator Kathleen A. Robbins
Deputy Court Administrator Deanna Jackson
Violations Clerk Nat Ginsberg
Violations Clerk Susan Capille
Prosecutor William E Reynolds
Public Defender Darren M Lord
Ventnor City Hall – 2nd floor
6201 Atlantic Avenue
Ventnor City New Jersey 08406
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Court Dates For 2019
All court dates are on Tuesday except where noted
Court begins at 9 am
Attorneys at 11:30 am
|January 8||January 15||January 29|
|February 5||February 19||February 26|
|March 12||March 19||March 26|
|April 9||April 16||April 24|
|May 7||May 14||May 21|
|June 4||June 11||June 18|
|July 2||July 9||July 23||July 30|
|August 6||August 13||August 27|
|September 3||September 10||September 17|
|October 8||October 22||October 29|
|November 19||November 26|
|December 3||December 10||December 17|
Special Sessions Scheduled as needed
For Motor Vehicle ticket payment and information, please go to: www.njmcdirect.com
Although the Judicial Staff of the Municipal Court are employees of the City of Ventnor, they are governed by the rules of the Court as set down by the State of New Jersey Supreme Court. The Municipal Court is directly supervised by the Administrative Office of the courts, (AOC.) The function of the Court personnel is to assist the Judge in the adjudication of cases that are brought before the Court. This assistance is limited to the scheduling of court appearances, mediation hearings, receipt of fines/penalties/assessments, and the disbursement of the monies collected to the appropriate agencies.
When restitution is ordered by the Judge, those payments are also collected and dispersed to the complainant/victim.
The Ventnor City Municipal Court is a quasi-criminal court which handles all non-indictable offenses, including:
Cases heard in the Ventnor City Municipal court are divided into four general categories:
More serious offenses known as indictable offenses are arraigned in Municipal Court, but are then sent to the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office. The Atlantic County Prosecutor then decides whether to present the case to the Grand Jury, or return the case to the Municipal court as a less serious offense. (downgraded charge)
The following are some helpful hints to assist you in navigating through the Ventnor City Municipal court System;
1. ALL payable traffic summons must be paid by the date on the front of the summons.
2. If the “Court Appearance Required” box is checked, the defendant must appear in Ventnor City Municipal Court.
3. If a defendant wishes to enter a “not guilty” plea, the Court must be notified within seven (7) days prior to the court date.
4. If a traffic summons is being paid and the amount of the fine is not on the summons, please call the Ventnor City Municipal court for the correct fine amount.
5. If paying by mail, and a receipt is required, a stamped self addressed envelope must accompany the payment.
6. If you intend to pay at the Ventnor City Municipal Court Violations Bureau, the window hours are 8:30 am until 4:00 pm.
7. Traffic Summonses can be paid on line at www.njmcdirect.com