Tropical Storm Elsa is approaching our are tonight. The storm is expected to being 6 to 8 hours of heavy rain and 40 to 50 mph gusts of wind. Minor coastal flooding is expected. High tides will be 7:27 p.m. on Thursday and 7:55 a.m. and 8:06 p.m. on Friday.
Some ways to prepare:
- Bring in any objects that can become projectiles.
- Any low or hanging tree branches should be cut down before this afternoon.
- Stay out of the water! Rip currents are very likely.
- Have a way to receive tornado warnings, even when sleeping at night. You can receive alerts through your [hone or by signing up with the National Weather Service.
- Keep devices plugged in tonight in case of power outages.